PhotoTV allows you to display photos from your Google Photos and Drive accounts on your Roku TV/device (Support for Google Photos has been added on April 13th). Supported file extensions are .jpg, .jpeg and .png. To set this up, you will need to do the following:
- Create a Google source
- Link folders under your Google source
First, creating a Google source
- Navigate to PhotoTV on your Roku device/TV.
- Photo Sources → Link New Source.
- Enter a name for your source. Google Photos & Drive should be selected as the source type.
- PhotoTV needs to be authorized to access your Google account. To do that, follow this link . Once you get the Link Code, you will need to enter it in the field where PhotoTV asks for it.
- Once all information is entered, hit the “Test and Link” button.
Second, linking folders under your Google source
- Once the Google source is created, navigate to (Source Name) → Folders → Link New Folder.
- Select the folder type: Google Photos or Google Drive.
- Simply browse to the desired folder.
- Hit the “Test and Link” button.
At any time, you can modify source and folder/album information, link more sources, folders, etc. Changes to the settings as well as folder content will be applied the next time the slideshow/screensaver runs.