PhotoTV can now play songs with the slideshow starting from version 1.9.16. Please note that this feature is still in Preview and therefore does not yet have all functionalities.
Currently, only Dropbox sources are supported. In order to play music from a Dropbox folder, you will need to do the following:
• Link the folder that contains the songs under your Dropbox source.
• Once the folder is linked, open it and change its media type to ‘Music’ or ‘Images & Music’. That is it, launch the slideshow and the music will play with it.
Music transition defaults to random, it can be changed to sequential from PhotoTV Settings → Music. Under the same section, there is an option to disable displaying song names.
• Same as image folders, music folders and their sources have to be enabled in order to fetch their music.
• Screensavers cannot play music and therefore the option to play music will be ignored while running PhotoTV as a screensaver.
• Including songs from subfolders is not yet supported so the option to include subfolders will be ignored for now while fetching songs from a linked folder.